Skip to content
Matrimonial and Family Law (Divorce)
- Represented a partner at an international law firm in divorce proceeding. Settled on the eve of trial with the assistance of a private mediator.
- Represented a police officer in a multi-day divorce trial over complex financial issues related to deferred compensation.
- Represented the high net worth husband in a divorce trial lasting over 15 days. Protected over $20 million in premarital assets.
- Represented doctor in 10 day divorce trial, resulting in favorable outcome on significant financial issues.
- Represented many top executives at large insurance companies in both negotiated divorce settlements and contested matters. Some of these cases have included complex offshore holdings.
- Represented stay-at-home wife of hedge fund partner. Settlement negotiated prior to trial.
- Negotiated a postnuptial agreement involving a couple receiving a financial windfall from the sale of a family company.
- Mediated a divorce settlement for a couple with serious debt issues related to failed business interests.
- Negotiated a prenuptial agreement for a client with assets in excess of $20 million dollars.
- Successfully won a dismissal of a family law appeal brought before the Connecticut Supreme Court.
- Successfully had a case reversed on appeal to the Connecticut Appellate Court.
- Participated, with another firm, in a negotiated settlement of over $5,000,000.00 for injuries sustained in an automobile accident.
- Involved in a traumatic brain injury case settling prior to trial for over $6,000,000.00.
- Negotiated a settlement in a slip and fall case for over $350,000.00. Our client was retired and loss enjoyment of his retirement.
- Settled a matter for $130,000.00. Our client, a child, suffered a broken leg after a fall from a collapsed deck.
- Represented a hotel guest in a significant settlement for injuries sustained during a business trip.
- Resolved a matter against a pharmacy chain for negligently giving the wrong prescription to an elderly client, resulting in physical injury.
- Represented a client injured in a workplace accident. We were able to recover from a third party that was responsible for the injuries suffered.
- Advised numerous start-up internet ventures regarding formation, financing and operation.
- Negotiated an exclusive license agreement with between our client and a European energy company.
- Assisted numerous start-up company in preparation of a Private Placement Memorandum and successful raising of its seed round of financing.
- Represented a group of doctors in the sale of their New York City based medical practice.
- Represented an entrepreneur in the sale of intellectual property assets in excess of several million dollars.
- Represented a technology start-up in $500,000 round of angel investor funding.
- Represented retail company in sale of assets to a third party for $3,000,000.00.
Trust and Estate
- Represented a beneficiary in extensive litigation against fiduciaries of a sizable trust.
- Represented a client suing a relative over breach of fiduciary duty in administering an estate.
- Represented a Connecticut estate with complicated multi-million dollar real estate holdings. Ancillary probate proceedings in two other states.
- Represented multiple conservators in prolonged litigation with family members of the conserved individual.
- Represented an heir in a will contest action concerning a claim of undue influence.
- Represented a client in the management of a private equity interest.
- Drafted revocable trust tailored to the needs and desires of an elderly client.
- Planned for the disposition of significant family real estate assets.
- Preparation of hundreds of wills for clients.
- Represented multiple executors in the administration of estates.
- Represented hundreds of individuals in purchase, sale or refinance of residential properties.
- Represented a real estate developer in acquisition of $10,000,000.00 apartment building.
- Structured a foreign investment in a regional real estate holding company.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition of a historic downtown Hartford mixed-use building.
- Represented an investor on issues surrounding his investment position in a real estate private equity fund.
- Represented the owner of a large New York City apartment building in a refinance transaction.
- Represented the purchaser/developer of a large New York City mixed-use development.
- Handled multiple 1031 exchanges for sellers of commercial real estate properties.
- Represented a landowner in evaluating a property tax appeal, resulting in a 30% reduction in tax bill.